Genetic Testing

Genetic Testing

Postby mmschue » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi Dr. Wisot! Hope you all are well!

In November of 2015 we transferred two frozen embryos with you all. Both took, and we were so excited. Unfortunately, at 34 weeks Twin B was stillborn. Twin A is now 8 months old and doing great!

We did not have any genetic testing done to our embryos during our previous cycles. We had genetic testing done when I was pregnant though at 12 weeks and all came back okay. They said they have no idea why baby b did not make it, but we now want to do everything we can to try and prevent something similar from happening to us again.

Is it possible to have our 7 remaining embryos tested, and then refreeze them? Or would it be an option to test them, and then transfer one when we are ready for our next FET? Is one better than the other?

Hope this makes sense! Thank you for your time!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Genetic Testing

Postby Dr. Wisot » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:35 am

I am fine, thank you, except for the eye problem that is preventing me from doing clinical work.

I understand that you want to do everything can prevent another stillbirth. But since the genetic test was normal I don't know if there is anything related to this issue that will be helped by genetically testing your remaining embryos.

If it would be reassuring to you it is now possible to thaw, test and refreeze. If you do that it would make more sense to wait for the results before transferring.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:16 am

Return to IVF Questions