Post by rohi »

ello,

Below are my stats (ALL MEASUREMENTS TAKEN IN EARLY DECEMBER 2016) :
Day 2 hornomes:
FSH: 2.2 Ui/L
LH: 2.2 ui/L
AMH 1.5 ug/L
E2: 30

we have a male genetic factor (i already have 2 children youngest is 2, no issues with me getting pregnant at all). We need to recruit a lot of embryos in order to do PGD.

first IVF in january - cancelled due to slow response (5 measurable follicles after 5 days of stims). This was an ANTAGONIST protocol (I was put on Cyclo-Progynova the previous cycle and seemed to have been over suppressed by the start of january cycle. RE noted my ovaries were "very compacted" on day 4 of stims)

1. My RE here in South Africa is considering putting me on either the Long lupron,Agonist/Antagonist Conversion (A/ACP from SIRM) or a Microdose flare lupron protocol. But I will like to get a second opinion abroad hence my asking you Which would you recommend?

Re is also planning to use Growth hormones during stims.

With an AMH if 1.5ng/L and FSH of 2.2ui/L, would a microdose lupron protocol work better than standard lupron? I am 37 years with no fertility issues at all except age.

2. Also, while stimming, can I mix my lupron (or cetrotide), Growth homones and Bravelle together into 1 single shot?

Thank you in advance!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Long Lupron vs Microdose Lupron

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You should come to RPMG in Redondo Beach. It's not so far from South Africa. :lol:

Seriously, with your numbers I would worry about hyperstimulation with an aggressive microdose Lupron. It sounds like you were over suppressed. I think the antagonist protocol would be best so you can be triggered by Lupron to prevent hyperstimulation. But I would start it after a month of simple birth control pills or three days of antagonist when your spontaneous period starts to prevent your being too suppressed.

Growth hormone works well for poor responders; just very expensive here in the U.S.

I don't really see you being a poor responder so I honk any of your proposed protocols should work if you were not over suppressed.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
rohi
User

Re: Long Lupron vs Microdose Lupron

Post by rohi »

Hahaha, I wish Redondo Beach was a hop, skip and a jump away, I will be there is a jiffy :)

Thank you so much for such a thorough response to my mail, I really appreciate it.

Oh and btw, happy valentines' day!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D