Fertility

Angelas25
User

Fertility

Post by Angelas25 »

With hormonally stimulated antral follicle growth (followed by sexual intercourse/natural conception): i. can you consistently induce ovulations (what kind of ovarian defects precludes it completely?); ii. can you control a number of ovulations (if induction is successful)?; iii. can you overcome defects in oocyte maturation/competence?; iv. can you achieve pregnancies if the main cause of infertility is previously undetected male factor?; and v. can you monitor early embryonic development and/or pre-select an embryo(s) that is/are free of genetic aberrations?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Fertility

Post by Dr. Wisot »

i. premature ovarian failure precludes it

ii. No. You can try by starting with a low dose but we can not always predict response.

iii. I don't know what defects you are referring to.

iv. Sometimes depending on the severity of the male factor.

v.only with IVF with PGS.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Selena
User

Re: Fertility

Post by Selena »

Hi. Infertility is hard to overcome. I faced it for 10 years. I never knew that I am infertile. But I think it is not written in our fate. I decide to go for IVF. it was a complicated process. I was so confused. It failed for me. I was so upset. But I went for another thing. I went for surrogacy. I have a baby now. I am so happy that I chose it. I am satisfied with my decision.