Poor fertilization with ICSI

mcpb
User

Poor fertilization with ICSI

Post by mcpb »

What would be a cause of poor fertilization with ICSI especially when ICSI has been used on the same partners eggs in the past with 100% fertilization? ICSI was used due to poor morphology but shouldn't ICSI solve that problem? Is it always strictly an egg quality issue?
Thanks in advance.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Poor fertilization with ICSI

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Not knowing anything else about you or your cycle it would impossible to guess. But the most likely cause would be immature eggs or technique.

I think you should ask your doctor for his/her perspective on the reason and if the answer is not one of the above, then I would get a copy of the records and get a different perspective with all the information available.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
mcpb
User

Post by mcpb »

Thank you for your response Dr. I will be sure to follow up with the information you provided me with. According to the embryology report 7 out of 8 eggs were mature. I am now 38 whereas my last IVF, I was 37 with 100% fertilization of 10 eggs using ICSI. Is it likely that egg quality has declined significantly in one year?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I doubt that without seeing a rapid rise in your FSH level. Let's see hat your doctor says.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.