HPT test 5dp5dt - too early???

sa2610

HPT test 5dp5dt - too early???

Post by sa2610 »

I am currently 5dp5dt (transferred two excellent blastocysts 1/29). I have very sore boobs. No spotting or implantation cramping. I took a First Response (early results) test this morning, very early, and it was negative. Is this too early to test?? I have my Beta Monday 2/6. I just would like to know something before I get that phone call Monday afternoon - have a general idea. Everything with this cycle (our first) has been PERFECT.

The reason we had to do IVF is because I had hydros, so I had both tubes removed three months ago. Other than that, I am healthy and hubby is healthy. Our blastocysts were "perfect" at transfer. I have carried a natural pregnancy 14 years ago, and have a 13 year old son.

Thank you for your replies!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: HPT test 5dp5dt - too early???

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

It is too early and besides it's a waste of time to do anytime. They can be wrong either way and I have had patients get discouraged stop their meds and not come in for the blood tests.

It's difficult but it's best to wait for the blood test and get a result that is somewhat predictable of the outcome.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
sa2610

Re: HPT test 5dp5dt - too early???

Post by sa2610 »

Thank you for the reply!