HYDROSALPINX = SALPINGECTOMY / LAP/ ESSURE???

candyrs

HYDROSALPINX = SALPINGECTOMY / LAP/ ESSURE???

Post by candyrs »

Hello,

I only have one tube with a hydrosalpinx. I've seen Dr. Yee for an initial consult and was told the hydrosalpinx needed to be corrected before moving on to IVF. I've gone back to my Kaiser Dr. and he's highly recommending Essure instead of a lap/salpingectomy. I've been doing some research and have found numerous sights about problems related to Essure. I've been trying to compare the pros and cons of Essure but haven't been able to find anything regarding Essure and it's effects on IVF. Do you know if there is any data/research regarding Essure and it's effects if any on IVF. Do you know if Essure may prevent or make implantation difficult during IVF? Has Essure been used long enough to have any research or findings in relation to IVF? Are there any success rates available anywhere regarding Essure and IVF? Would a salpingectomy/lap be more advisable than Essure?

Thank you
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: HYDROSALPINX = SALPINGECTOMY / LAP/ ESSURE???

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi::

We have had lot of patients who have had Essure. The advantage is that it's less invasive than laparoscopy.

If you wait the three months to have the lining grow over the device it should not affect implantation. We have not seen complications if the device is placed properly.

Unfortunately I cannot cite specific references in this venue.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
leelane

Post by leelane »

Dr. Wisot,

How timely that you answered this post just a week ago.

I have a balanced translocation and had the ESSURE implant done over 10 years ago (part of FDA study).

My husband and I adopted embryos and are looking to do a FET. During an HSG we found one coil to be completely removed from the uterus, but the other had a small amount (maybe 2-3 coils) that projected into the uterine cavity. Do you think this will present a problem?

First FET resulted in a chemical.

Thank you!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Even if a little of the coil is protruding into the cavity it should be covered by endometrium and I would guess that should not make a difference.

The issue with patients who have it done for a hydrosalpinx is if it's dislodged like your other one is that fluid can leak back into the uterus and that's not your situation.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California