Progesterone

john

Progesterone

Post by john »

After achieving a successful pregnancy, what week do you take your patients off progesterone shots? Do you wean them off or just stop immediately? Do you check blood levels prior to stopping? Can the luteal-placental shift ever be delayed or could the placenta just not produce enough progesterone in certain people?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Progesterone

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

I can't discuss specifics of protocols here.

There is some variety in the way doctors stop progesterone supplementation but in general the placental shift has occurred by 9 weeks gestation.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
dk5411

Post by dk5411 »

I am taking progesterone injections twice a day (for almost two weeks) to support my transfer. My pregnancy test is in two days. My urine has a very strong smell and may be a little darker in color. There is no discharge or pain during urination. I did experience a lot of itching in the first few days after the transfer, but it went away. Should I be concerned?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

If you have any specific concerns you should report them to your doctor as he/she knows the details of your clinical situation.

But none of these symptoms are usually related to any issues with the progesterone injections (except for maybe the itching) or the chance of a successful cycle.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California