Morulas Transfered on Day 5

Lou89

Morulas Transfered on Day 5

Post by Lou89 »

Hi Dr. Wisot,

I had two Morulas transferred yesterday which was day 5 at the Redondo Office. None of my embryos made it to Blastocyst stage. The remaining four did not develop any further today. Is there a reasonable chance of pregnancy with transferring Morulas? What would be the reason that none made it to the Blastocyst stage? Is this common? This is my 2nd IVF Cycle. I am 41. I had 10 eggs and 6 Embryos my first cycle and we did a day three transfer. This cycle I had 6 eggs retrieved and 6 matured/fertilized. They looked good on day three with about 5% fragmentation.

Thanks,
Kim
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Morulas Transfered on Day 5

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

The more advanced the embryo, the greater the chance of further development and implantation. So with morulas (which is the stage before blastocyst) the chance of implantation is less than if they were early blastocysts or preferably blastocysts which had developed to the stage when we can grade them. But if they were good enough to be transferred, there is hope.

Why they did not progress faster is something that your doctor who knows all the facts about your case can evaluate.

I hope it works for you. :!:

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California