FOOD and IVF

ptle26
User

FOOD and IVF

Post by ptle26 »

Hi doctor,

1. Is there any food (i.e. hot pepper) I should avoid during an IVF cycle?

2. I was told to take Ortho-Cept for 3 weeks by the nurse and to extend for an additional week beyond the current regimen by the doctor since we're taking Doxycycline (started on 9/11) for 10 days because there were WBC in my husband's semen culture. I started the birth control pack on 9/9/12 and took 2 pills QD x first 3 days, then 1 QD thereafter. Day #21 counting from day #1 would be 9/29/12. But if I were to extend 7 days beyond the current regimen then that would be 10/3/12. My ultrasound is scheduled for 10/02/12. So now I'm confused to when I need to stop the birth control pill, on 9/29, 10/2, or 10/3?

Thank you.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: FOOD and IVF

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

There are no foods to avoid at this point except the same precautions for anyone trying to conceive or pregnant.

For the specifics of your protocol, please call the office. I can't give specific advice here.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
ptle26
User

Post by ptle26 »

Hi doctor,

How do you feel about pregnant women cosuming shellfish? Should they be avoided?

I was told I'm 5 weeks pregnant, does this mean I'm starting week #5 or I just ended week 5 going on 6th?

Thank you doctor.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

This is a forum about infertility. This question about what to eat in pregnancy is better answered by your OB doctor.

The number of weeks you were told could be either. In general I use both weeks and days to make it clear, like 5 weeks 3 days.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California