Period before FET

aglaser

Period before FET

Post by aglaser »

Dear Dr. Wisot,

We are about to try our first FET, and I stopped taking birth control pills several days ago. I had a lot of spotting on the BCPs, but as soon as I stopped taking them, the spotting stopped. I am currently awaiting my period to schedule the baseline ultrasound, but I don't feel any of the usual pre-period symptoms. Do you think there is a chance I've already shed my lining and could be at the wrong point in my cycle? Would you recommend scheduling a baseline ultrasound anyway, and if so, will that help to show us what is going on?

Thanks!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Period before FET

Post by Dr. Wisot »

It's possible that you have no lining to shed and could get started. I would suggest you come in for the baseline ultrasound.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
aglaser

Post by aglaser »

Dear Dr. Wisot,

Thank you for your reply. I spotted a bit more last night, and have decided this must be a period, so went on the vivelle patch and called my office (San Diego) for a baseline ultrasound. I probably should have called them earlier.

However, even after discussing a late-November transfer with my nurse this past Thursday, my center informed me today that they will not be taking any new patients. I am obviously pretty upset, as this birth control cycle followed an estrogen-suppressant cycle to thin my lining due to the possibility of adenomyosis. Both of these were a little hard on my body, and I can't imagine having to needlessly go through this again.

Would another RPMG clinic be able to handle my frozen embryo transfer in order to keep me on schedule?

Thanks
Last edited by aglaser on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You will need to ask Dr. Garzo if he would want you to have two embryos transferred to Redondo Beach along with your trial transfer instructions and then call us to schedule your FET.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California