FET questions

Jhuler

FET questions

Post by Jhuler »

Hi Dr. Wisot,

I was a patient of yours in 2010. I did IVF and got pregnant on the first try and I now have a beautiful little boy :) We moved to Utah (near Salt Lake City) recently and are considering doing a FET in the next few months. I'm trying to decide if I should have my eggs transferred to a clinic here or fly back to CA for the transfer. Do you have any doctors you recommend in Salt Lake? If I flew back to CA for the transfer, how would that process work? I'm guessing I would find a local dr to do the lab work and fly out for the actual transfer. Could you explain how that works? Also, how far in advance do I need to prepare for a FET?

Jamie
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: FET questions

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I'm so glad to hear the first one worked out so well. 8-)

You could do either. The University has a good program. They could monitor you and we could thaw the embryos and do the transfer or you could transfer the embryos there and they could do everything.

You would need a new trial transfer and sonohysterogram prior to the cycle. Then a baseline ultrasound to make sure there are no cysts or anything to prevent us from going ahead. On Day 1 of your cycle you would start on estrogen, then if your endometrium was thick enough after 2 weeks you would start progesterone and the transfer would be scheduled. You would need two days of bed rest after the transfer.

The best thing to do would have a telephone consult to set it all up.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Jhuler

Post by Jhuler »

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I assume you mean the University of Utah right? Any doctor in particular?

I have a cyst right now on my ovary, my OB wants me to come in for an ultrasound in a couple weeks to see if it's gone (or getting smaller). Would that prevent me from doing the FET?

I will try to give you a call in the next few days. Thanks for everything!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I do mean the university but no doc in particular.

Whether the cyst would interfere would depend on the type and if it's producing hormones. Let your OB/GYN work that out.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California