odds that embryos will implant

jkph

odds that embryos will implant

Post by jkph »

I have 3 normal embryos left. I have had 2 SETs (5CC and 5CB) which did not result in pregnancy. My 3 remaining embryos are graded 6BB, 6CB, and 5CC. Could you tell me the odds that each will implant? I am trying to figure out if I should transfer 2 embryos next time or not. (I am 37 yrs old) Thank you.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: odds that embryos will implant

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I do not know the grading system that your are referring to. We use A as best and C as poorest.

But in general if you have had two SETs with what I am sure they decided were your best embryos and you were not successful, it would make sense to me that a two-embryo transfer might be a reasonable option. :idea:

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
jkph

Post by jkph »

No. They were not my best quality. They had me pick the embryos. 2 of the remaining were the best out of 5. (C is the poorest in this grading system as well).

Is there any way of looking at the grading and giving odds that it willl implant?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

If their grading system is like ours the 6BB would have the best chance and its chance is also based on your age. The others which are Cs would have a small chance. There is no way I could reliably give you a percentage.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California