frozen embryo quality

R.Suzuki

frozen embryo quality

Post by R.Suzuki »

Hi,

I have my FET on monday! We have 4, day 3 frozen embryos. When speaking to one of your nurses, she was thinking you might want to thaw out all four of the frozen embryos based on their quality. But, you decided we are going to thaw & transfer two, 10 cell grade C embryos and keep the remaining two frozen, which are 9 cell B & 9 cell C). My question is, how does the grading process of day 3 embryos differ from day 5 embryos? If I remember correctly, I think I was told that you rarely see A or B graded embryos on 3 day freeze. My husband and I were initially concerned about the grade C quality on our embryos.

Thanks!
Renee
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: frozen embryo quality

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Three day embryos do not have letters like blastocysts. They are graded by number of cells and degree of fragmentation (1-4, 4 is best).

I think two is the right number to transfer for you and if the two best survive then that's all we should transfer.

Please call me early Monday morning so we can talk about this if you want to discuss this more. I really can't go into more detail here.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California