Menupor Stimms Time

fayewest

Menupor Stimms Time

Post by fayewest »

I am currently undergoing treatment, sadly I am unhappy.

I have now been stimulated for over 25 days which I worry must compromise the egg quality and likely outcome, I am being pushed to continue by the clinic whereas I feel that it is more likely to be a successful cycle if we stop and start again on a dose of menupor which is higher and will work for me (225 seems to be doing the trick, although 300 might be better, I started on 75 for a week, and went up through 150 to 225) I apparently had mild pcos several years which made them cautious initially.

Recent blood tests indicate that I do not now has pcos or that is so very mild it does not impact on this process.

Am I being too cautious/over the top, is it fine to have been stimming for so long?

I feel like they are pushing me to continue and I do not feel comfortable with that. I am looking to stop and start again with a new clinic.

If I am just being over the top and stimming for that period of time has no baring on the egg quality and likely outcome.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Menupor Stimms Time

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I don't know all the facts, especially what you are planning to do, IVF or IUI.

For IVF that is a long time to be on meds. For IUI we sometime do bring up PCOS patients slowly, but the dose of medications you are requiring does not sound like PCOS.

The best idea here with all your concerns would be a second opinion to see if what is being done is reasonable.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California