Progesterone levels after ET

Rolypoly1

Progesterone levels after ET

Post by Rolypoly1 »

Hi, I had a very high progesterone level of 680.10nmol/L tested on the day of my transfer, (consultant said highest he'd seen) and was supposed to have my levels checked throughout my 2ww. How ever I was told I won't need them to be checked now. Is this true? I had 2 blastocysts transferred.

However it worries me as the last ivf, where I had a 3 day transfer, I didn't have my progesterone checked at all and bled 3 days before my test date. I felt a sudden drop in my progesterone symptoms on day 7 after transfer, then bled 3 days after that.

I am so worried I will have this sudden 'drop' again, and if the blasts tried to implant they will get swept out with my lining starting to break down.

Both times I have been on and am currently taking 2 x 400mg progesterone pessaries.

I am wondering whether I ought to increase the pessaries or do more blood tests to check my progesterone?

Thanks!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Progesterone levels after ET

Post by Dr. Wisot »

We do not test progesterone levels at or after transfer. We have everyone on enough supplement for when the progesterone drops, as it will, after a stimulated cycle with the drug to prevent premature release of the eggs.

Just ask your doctor if you are on enough supplement. The supplement does not show up in the blood so the levels are irrelevant.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California