Ivf success rate with high dfi

Trying4no1

Ivf success rate with high dfi

Post by Trying4no1 »

Hi.

Me and my husband have been trying for over a year Iam 29 he is 31.

We originally thought it was female factor of pcos and went through 4 clomid cycles with nothing my husband had a sa done which wAs boarder line for low morphology

We were about to try iui when his 2nd sa came back very abnormal with low concentration, low count, low motility and morph we were refered to urologist and ended up having a DNA test of sperm to see our next steps.

Dfi - 39% and hds - 19%
We are absolutely devastated as from reading the literature it seems that there is no option left and ivf rates are low. He does have a possible varicele grade 2 which we could get repaired but told there is only a 40% chance to improve the sperm parameters but told it would not be dramatic.

We are so lost and heart broken my pcos has got good in the last year 2 my bloods are normal, I dropped 20lbs, I'm ovulating and have spot on regular periods of 30 days for the last 6 months.

What I wanted to ask is what are our options and the ivf rates. When we go to a urologist they push surgery and we spoke to a RE who pushed IVf. I would like to know what would give us the highest potential for conceiving a child and having a healthy pregnancy.

Thank you for your help.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Ivf success rate with high dfi

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The good news is that that you are young. In reproduction, youth rules. ;)

If his sperm parameters are that poor, then IVF might be needed. But a few months of a good vitamin and antioxidant regimen that you can find on our Lifestyle and Fertility pages and the link to lifechoices may help improve his DNA. Any lifestyle habits that may be affecting his sperm will have to be stopped.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California