Empty Follicle Syndrome EFS for 2 Cycles

try4no1
User

Re: Empty Follicle Syndrome EFS for 2 Cycles

Post by try4no1 »

I know this is an old post but I wanted to touch base incase anyone was reading this and needed further help

I eventually went through another fresh cycle last year which was more aggressively managed with blood work every other day which meant my level and stimulation could really be monitored carefully and thankfully they are as I needed to change my stimulation dosage a lot to get my eggs to grow.

They finally did after 14 days of menopur I triggered with 10.000 hcg and lupron and then another dose of lupron 12 hours later I had never heard of this but I trusted my doc and we got 13 eggs 10 fertilized and we got 6 to day 5. We transferred 2 and froze 4, my doc had me come in every other day to make sure my leutal phase was correctly supplemented and I took estrogen and progesterone I also did steroids prior and during the transfer. Our beta was positive and we continued to monitor my progesterone and hcg. We remained pregnant with a singleton however I was with my fertility doc until I was 20 weeks along because my placenta was not kicking in the progesterone I was on supplementation until 20 weeks yep that is a lot of progesterone in oil shots but for some reason by body just wouldn't make enough but the pregnancy was a success and we now have a beautiful baby boy who just turned 4 months old.

My long story is that have hope and don't be afraid to change the protocol and really as dr Wisot has said on this thread the trigger Is the key it was for me as well as being better monitored this time round aggressively. We went through 5 IVf and we will likely be back soon doing FET with our 4 left for a sibling but keep hope and you will get there I just hope that my story will help someone down the line that was in my shoes that there is hope out there.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Empty Follicle Syndrome EFS for 2 Cycles

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Thanks for giving us a follow-up and posting a hopeful story to encourage others to search for a solution. :D

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California