Confusion regarding IVF protocol

mamhibt

Confusion regarding IVF protocol

Post by mamhibt »

My infertility investigation findings are AMH-1.191, FSH-8.22,LH-6.78,PRL-30.16, vaginal scan shows endometrioma 37*28mm left ovary,right ovary 8-10 follicles.My RE adviced me Ovral-L for 21days starting from D2. on D21 Inj.Leprolide 3.75 depot. Then after i get my cycle,from D21 RE told he wil put me on stimulation. I am confused that how could stimulation start on 21st day of my periods???? pls give me ur valuable suggestion. Ovarian stimulation has to be started in the first half of the menstrual cycle isnt' it??? With my low egg reserve & age 34 & with the above wil i be able to get good number of quality eggs?..for IVF?????Pls reply.

Thank you ,
mamhibt
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Confusion regarding IVF protocol

Post by Dr. Wisot »

What you are describing is a variation of the long Lupron protocol. You were put on birth control pills and then Lupron to suppress your own cycle, so once your cycle is suppressed you can start stimulation.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
mamhibt

Post by mamhibt »

Thank you for the quick response. So that means stimulation for follicles can start any day of the menstrual cycle. And stimulation can be started on 21st day also other than from 10th day of cycle??. Since this is my 1st ivf i have lot of doubts. Pls reply whether this protocol suits me to produce required number of quality eggs, since i hav low egg reserve along with endometrioma and 34yrs age.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

This is not your menstrual cycle. You are suppressed by the BCPs and Lupron so stimulation can start at any time.

You have got to stop second-guessing your doctor as it only adds stress to the cycle and that is not good. You exercised the most control you could when you picked the doctor- now have a little faith in your choice, let the cycle happen and don't try to micro-manage it.

There is no way anyone could say if this is the best protocol for you without complete info.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
mamhibt

Post by mamhibt »

Dear Dr,
Thanks for the reply. Will stimulation start on 21st day after looking at FSH, LH, estrogen, progesteron levels? Then when wil the embryo transfer be scheduled after egg retrival?? pls reply
Thank you
mamhibt
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

These are questions for your doctor as I am not familiar with the details about your case or his/her protocol.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
mamhibt

Post by mamhibt »

ok thank you