Ovarian Cyst

Corsica

Ovarian Cyst

Post by Corsica »

We have had 2 failed ICSI cycles, I have just turned 40
. I have diminished ovarian reserve. Each cycle We get 5 eggs, 3 fertilised each cycle and 1 made it to day 3 for transfer. Otherwise we are healthy and all other tests are ok. My concern is that over the last 6 months each time I have gone for a day 2 scan I have had a cyst on either my right or left ovary. I tried to the COCP but still developed a further cyst. They resolve spontaneously but I get a new one next cycle. Also my Oestrogen level last cycle was 200 times higher than the upper limit of normal. Is there anything I can do?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Ovarian Cyst

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Unfortunately these are all the result of your diminished ovarian reserve and at present we have no way of reversing this.

All one can do is keep trying and hope to produce a good quality egg with normal chromosomes that stick or move on to egg donation. :(

It would not hurt to get on a good vitamin and antioxidant regimen as outlined on our lifechoices page which you can link to from our Lifestyle & Fertility page.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Corsica

Post by Corsica »

Thanks for your reply. Why am I now having ovarian cysts each month for the last 6 months. I never had them before.
Than you
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

When one is experiencing diminished ovarian reserve, the high FSH levels start follicle production early so when you come in for an ultrasound you may already have an advancing follicle which they may call a "cyst."

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California