Start of injections

Socalgirl

Start of injections

Post by Socalgirl »

I have heard and read that most doctors start injections on day 3 after period starts. I called my nurse on the day my period started to see if she wanted me to come in earlier than my schedule appointment which was on day 4. Now I will be starting injections on day 5. Is that normal?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Start of injections

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Most start earlier than Day 5 because by that time your body may have already recruited the follicle for that cycle and it may prevent more than one being produced, if that is a goal for your treatment.

Since I do not know your details I can't say whether this might not create an ideal cycle for you..

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
Socalgirl

Post by Socalgirl »

Thank you for your quick response.
nate

Post by nate »

If one is on a midluteal estrace and antagonist with Saizen and Androderm cycle, do you still believe that the stimulation meds need to be started prior to day 5?

Thank you for your input.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

You are probably talking about a different type of cycle; yours I would guess is IVF. The original question was about a gonadotropins with IUI.

With the mid-luteal Estrace protocol the start of stimulation is not related to the start of the period, but based on the number of days the Estrace is prescribed.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California