Supplements for Increasing Good Egg Production for IVF

Researcher

Supplements for Increasing Good Egg Production for IVF

Post by Researcher »

Hello,

I am new to these forums and have found a lot of great information, so thanks! I am currently a patient of Reproductive Partners/Dr. Rosen and Dr. Huang. They are fantastic! I am now on Birth Control for the next 2 weeks before for possible IVF.

I have read the Lifestyle and Fertility section of the website. I have also scoured other resources. I am slightly confused on the amounts I should be taking (if any) on some of the supplements mentioned to increase good egg production. (Which I would want to do.) I do not drink coffee or soda.

I am 38. I currently take the following which my Dr's know about:

Prenatal Vitamins (includes DHA and Folic Acid 200)
Folate 200
Evening of Primrose Oil 1300
Vitamin D 2000
1 Baby Asprin 81

In researching, should I add in the following supplements? If so, how much would you recommend, if anything?:

Vitamin C (liquid form)
Green Tea
DHEA
Melatonin
Myo-inositol

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate your time and feedback. I just want to do as much as I can on my own to help with this process be successful.

Thanks so much!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Supplements for Increasing Good Egg Production for IVF

Post by Dr. Wisot »

They are wonderful doctors. :)

If you go to the lifechoices link at the top of the Lifestyle & Fertility page it will be more specific about the amounts or we have a list in the office.

For those additional ones you mention, you should ask your doctors about your needs specifically because some are not for everyone.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Thank you for all of your information on these forums. It is extremely helpful. I recently went in for a consultation with Dr. Rosen. I learned a lot, however, I forgot to ask one question.

I am still breastfeeding, he is 8 months old. 3 Weeks ago my period came back. I would like to do another round of IVF in a few months. Dr. Rosen suggested to take DHEA for approximately 3 months, 3 times a day, 75mg total. I also previously used Coenzyme Q10 600mg daily as suggested on http://www.lifechoicesandfertility.com/femalefertsupp.html . (I took both of these prior with the 1st round of IVF and I think it helped.)

I have read the warning labels and it says to consult with a Dr. if breastfeeding. Can I take these supplements while I am still breastfeeding? I am not producing that much milk, but I am not ready to quit yet. I will quit if I have to though.

Thanks so much!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The doctor to ask is your pediatrician. I do not know if there is any scientific evidence about the safety of these substances in breastfeeding. If the peds does not know then it would probably be best to avoid them.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California