Progesterone Injections verse Suppositories

WantBaby2

Progesterone Injections verse Suppositories

Post by WantBaby2 »

I wonder what your opinion is regarding the method (injection or suppositories) for delivering progesterone to the body, notably for a patient with a history of low progesterone?

I just switched RE's and my previous doctor prescribed progesterone oil injections. My current RE has prescribed Endometrin suppositories. I have had (1) successful IVF pregnancy w. progesterone oil injections, (1) failed IVF pregnancy at 8 weeks w. progesterone oil injections, (1) failed natural pregnancy at 7 weeks w. prometrium and (1) failed FET - biochemical pregnancy with progesterone suppositories.

I have reviewed the SART statistics and I'm very impressed with the Redondo Beach results, I wish I lived in the area!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Progesterone Injections verse Suppositories

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Endometrin and Crinone are equivalent in efficacy in fresh IVF cycles. So it's yours and you doctors choice.

BTW, we do see many patients from out of the area with some of the monitoring done in their own area.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
TTC42

Post by TTC42 »

Wantbaby2...Besides the SART statistics (which are very impressive) Dr. Wisot is a very patient and caring doctor. Also his nurses are always so helpful. They have made my entire jouney much easier. I highly recommend them. Plus they are located right by the most gorgeous Beaches in Southern CA.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Thank you TTC42 for the kind endorsement.

Wantbaby2- to find us just go past the surf shack and make a left at the lifeguard stand. ;)

At least that's what some people think when they read my location on a badge at a medical meeting.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California