Natural Killer Cells and immune therapy

try4no1
User

Natural Killer Cells and immune therapy

Post by try4no1 »

Hi Dr W.

I wanted to asked your opinion on immune therapy in IVf failure I have had 2 fresh and 1 FET and all 3 have failed to implant with my Hcg being around 0.1 or less each time so basically not even a hint on implantation. I have had my natural killer cells tested and they are slightly elevated however some RE's have said there is no research some firmly believe in immune therapy treatment I have 2 blast frosties left and I want to use them in the up coming month however I am stuck on how to make sure I have done everything possible to make this 4th time a success without just doing treatments for the sake of it!

Thanks
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Natural Killer Cells and immune therapy

Post by Dr. Wisot »

We would agree with those other RE's that this treatment is of no value.

If you are young and did not get pregnant with excellent quality embryos you may want to get your endometrium checked if it has not been already with a sonohysterogram, endometrial biopsy to make sure you do not have chronic endometritis and a new test done by endometrial biopsy to make your your own implantation window is receptive when the transfer is done.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
try4no1
User

Post by try4no1 »

Thank you dr W

Yes I am young I am in the under 30 age group. When is the best time and window to get all these tests done in relation to a having the next FET done ?? And what do these tests involve. I have had a hsg test with the dye to check my tubes but never actually had a sonohystergram it was something I was going to ask for this time round. How are the other tests done I don't think I have heard of the endometritis before!

Thank you again
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The HSG, if done recently, would remove the requirement for the sonohysterogram because it shows the endometrial cavity even better.

The endometrial biopsy is an office procedure done in the early part of the cycle to look for signs of chronic inflammation. The biopsy to check the timing is done in a mock FET cycle with the biopsy done on Day 6 of progesterone to check for markers for implantation. It's called ERA, a new assay for endometrial receptivity that looks at gene array markers

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California