Next Steps - IVF

ocamy

Next Steps - IVF

Post by ocamy »

Hi There,
I'm a 32 women, healthy ovaries, and ovulate regularly. My husband has low sperm count and lower sperm quality. We recently underwent two rounds of IUI with an average sperm count of 14 Mil. I was on Clomid for both procedures. We're not sure if our next step should be IVF, and have looked into Natural IVF, and was wondering if Reproductive Partners does Natural IVF?

My husband has been taking supplements to help increase his sperm count, but are wondering if there are any other recommendations for supplements?

And does he need to go and see a urologist, and be tested for anything before we move forward with another IUI or possibly IVF.

Thanks- OCAmy
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Next Steps - IVF

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Whether he needs to see a urologist would require our reviewing his semen analysis results.

Our recommended supplements are available on our Lifestyle & Fertility page.

We do not do "natural" IVF as the results are universally poor. We can do a low medication protocol or minimal stimulation IVF.

I really do not know what's "natural" about IVF anyway. :roll:

But seriously, trying to do IVF in a natural cycle is too out of control to be effective and does not save time or money.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
jm

Post by jm »

Hi,
I am new to this site. Looking at some advise given by the Dr here seems very helpful to me. I really need some help..
I m 34, with pcos & lt F tube block. I have been trying for 3yrs.had 5 IUI over 2yrs & then 1IVF cycle.everything went very well during all these cycle but I cudnt get pregnant.I ve following questions-
I am just wondering can I try metformin .clomid with follicle tracking while I m waiting for 2nd IVF in about 10 months?
2.my ivf was done 68 days before, can I start clomid now or do I have to wait to completely wash out those drugs I had during ivf? How long does it take?
I really need some help as I am desperate to get a baby but don't k ow what else I shud be doing ?
You advise will be great help..
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

While waiting for you IVF you certainly could try conventional treatment. Metformin could be helpful in POCS and most docs are now using letrozole rather than Clomid in PCOS.

There is usually no reason to wait to start treatment if your ovaries are clear.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California