high estrogen level before FET

magnolia1

high estrogen level before FET

Post by magnolia1 »

I am currently preparing for a FET with a CCS normal blastocyst. After 14 days on daily estrogen patches, 1 vaginal estrace, baby aspirin, and lupron, my lining was only 6.7. I was told to stay on this protocol with the addition of a 2nd vaginal estrace for another week and then we would recheck my lining. At my 14 day check up, my estrogen level was 2600.

I am of Indian descent. I have read studies which say that those of Indian descent have lower implantation rates in fresh ivf cycles due to high estrogen levels. I am concerned that my high estrogen level will therefore lower my chances of success with this upcoming FET.

Do you have an opinion on whether high estrogen levels will lower my chances of success for the FET, especially since I am on Indian descent?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: high estrogen level before FET

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I am not aware of any specific studies on the effect of high levels of estradiol in FET cycles as opposed to stimulated cycles.

It seems there is something in the stimulated cycles that can have an adverse effect on implantation and it may not be the estradiol levels directly.

I wish I could give you a more definitive answer.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D,
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
magnolia1

Post by magnolia1 »

Thank you Dr Wisot. Do you use vaginal estrace for FETs often at your clinic? If so, have you seen a negative impact on success rates from that group of patients?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

We do often use vaginal Estrace and find it quite effective without negative impact.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D,
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California