Implantation Failure Panel

preparing

Implantation Failure Panel

Post by preparing »

Hello,

I was wondering if you can provide any insight on doing an Implantation Failure Panel.

Quick background
- First time doing ivf (planning on doing a frozen transfer)
- Me: 36 yrs old. Husband: 34 yrs old.
- Besides "infertility", I am very healthy and do not have any known health issues.

My Doctor is suggesting that I do this test just to make sure we are not missing any problematic issues that we could address prior to the transfer.

The tests costs $200.

The research I've done seems that this is typically ordered if multiple IVFs fail.

I can see the merit as the cost is minimal compared to the entire cost of IVF, however, if the test provides information that has many grey factors then maybe it is not worth it...

Thank you
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Implantation Failure Panel

Post by Dr. Wisot »

We usually do it on patients with unexpected implantation failure (young, good embryo quality). See the article in this week's Life & Style and you will see me quoted on Khloe Kardashian's supposed issues. http://www.reproductivepartners.com/blo ... sfers.html

Also without a problem, an unusual result could lead them to change the day of transfer and cause an issue.

For you this is a solution for which there is no problem at this time. :roll:

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
preparing

Post by preparing »

Hi Dr. Wisot,

Due to my first FET failing, we did the implantation panel test.

The results say I am positive for antiovarian antibodies and my antinuclear antibodies levels are high (160).

Our recommended protocol is to see a rheumatologist before the second implantation. This will consist of long term steroids, but our ivf doctor was not able to tell us what else we would need.

I was also instructed to continue on BCP during this time. If I do need to be on steroids for an extended amount of time, a little part of me wishes I can be off BCP in hopes of the small chance of conceiving naturally....

Are these two results (AMA and ANA) something that you have seen negatively affect frozen transfers/implantations?

Or did I just open Pandora's box?

I am 36 yrs old (37 in Nov), very healthy (besides the infertility).

Thank you so much
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I think it's a good idea to investigate why you have a positive ANA before you get pregnant but I doubt is is related to your one failed FET.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California