Frozen transfer skill

preparing

Frozen transfer skill

Post by preparing »

I am approaching my frozen transfer day which I was just told my Doctor will be on vacation possibly during that time.

I realize there are many variables from this entire process that will determine my success, however, how much "skill" is involved for the actual transfer?

I ask because I'm curious if this process is basic and any Doctor at my clinic will yield the same results...or is it a situation where possibly the more skillful experienced Doctor can be a better option.

I really do not want to delay the transfer until my Doctor returns from vacation. I would be comfortable with using a new Doctor at the clinic if this procedure is simple to do and not complicated for a "new" Doctor to jump in to preform.

Thanks
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Frozen transfer skill

Post by Dr. Wisot »

With new catheters and ultrasound guidance the impact of "skill" is less than it used to be with stiff catheters and no ultrasound.

But, of course, there is a skill factor. I would ask your doctor if all the the doctor's are monitored to see than no one is an outlier. Clinics are usually very careful about that since it affects their overall statistics.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California