Repeated implantation failure with pgs eggs

Dreams

Repeated implantation failure with pgs eggs

Post by Dreams »

Hi,

I'm in my early 40s and I have a couple of previous children without IVF. I've recently done a couple of rounds of FETs with PGS embryos and all of them have failed. It seems I don't have implantation as the beta test is a 0. I've had every procedure performed from hysteroscopies to biopsies and everything comes back perfect even my blood work. I am unexplained. I responded well to the IVF cycles and produce several normal pgs embryos each time. The Drs seem stumped. Any idea of what could be my issue? I don't believe my Dr believes in immunology issues. I have several normals left and would hate to lose more embryos at this point.

Thank you!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Repeated implantation failure with pgs eggs

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You write that they have done biopsies, but for what? There are two issues they may have not done in a routine biopsy for dating. One, which can be seen early in the cycle is for chronic endometritis. The other done after 5 days of progesterone is the new ERA- Endometrial Receptivity Assay which will tell if you implantation window is a day earlier or later than average.

Maybe they have done all of these and all you can do is keep trying or use a surrogate.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

Hi Dr. Wisot,

Yes, I did have the biopsy for endometritis and that came back negative. I have not however had the ERA performed. I'm not sure if my Dr offers this test. Is this the only other test that you would recommend? Do you believe this could be an immunology issue?

Thank you for your help and input.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

That would be the only other test I would recommend. I don't know if you have had an HSG to make sure you don't have a hydrosalpinx which is not seen on ultrasound. If not, they could do that as well.

We, like your doctor, do not believe there is scientific evidence that immunologic issues play a role in implnatation failure. I can assure that if you do go to someone who tests and treats for this they will find an abnormality. They usually do.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

I have not had an HSG, however my Dr
said he checked for a hydrosalpinx when he performed my hysteroscopy and did not find anything.

I will ask him about the ERA.

Thank you for all of your help.