How many PGD normal embryos to try?

strose

How many PGD normal embryos to try?

Post by strose »

How many pgd/pgs normal (for ALL chromosomes) blasts (5 day) should one attempt to transfer before concluding that a patient likely has a uterine issue preventing pregnancy (even if there are no obviously identifiable uterine issues)? Have you seen many situations where a successful pregnancy is achieved after several failed pgd normal transfers (without an obvious uterine issue)? I may be attempting a completely new cycle and will be seeking a second opinion before doing so, but it is difficult to know if it makes sense to keep going. I was told that PGD is a game changer, but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: How many PGD normal embryos to try?

Post by Dr. Wisot »

To answer this in a meaningful way one would have to know all the facts of your case and I don't even know your age. :?: The doctor who does the second opinion and has all the facts can give you the best answer.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
strose

Post by strose »

I am 38. 8 blasts tested and only 2 were pgd normal. They were both grade 4BB. No obvious uterine issues. Can you recommend a particular doctor at your L.A. office for a second opinion?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Dr. Andy Huang works at both LA offices, Beverly Hills and Redondo Beach althouth this is something that any of us can handle. Bring all your records with you.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.