Donor embryo stats seem low

yviebee

Donor embryo stats seem low

Post by yviebee »

Hello,
I just recently had a frozen embryo transfer using embryos created with professional donors, both egg and sperm, both age 27. I transferred 1- day 5 blastocycst grade A that was almost completely hatched from the zona pelucida at transfer. It lost an insignificant amount of cells in the thaw and that there was no change in it's grade. This embryo was also PGS tested as chromosomally normal. My lining was 13mm triple stripe and I'm healthy and of normal weight. My concern is that because we only transferred 1 embryo my RE quoted me a 38% chance of pregnancy success. Is this a normal success rate statistic for PGS donor embryos created by actual pro donors and not patients? I thought we'd get more credit for them being healthy egg and sperm donor embryos. It just seemed really low. They said if I had put in 2 it would have gone up over 80%. 38% seems very low but maybe this is the going rate??? Is this an arbitrary number? I"m currently in my 2ww and feeling a little deflated and would love a second opinion.
Thanks in advance.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Donor embryo stats seem low

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Perhaps your RE was quoting his/her success rates for the situation you describe.

But as you describe it I agree that I would expect the success rates to be higher. Of course in the end it either going to be 0% or 100%; it will either work or not. All you can do is wait and sometimes that's the hardest part.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
yviebee

Post by yviebee »

I'm guessing that it's probably a generalized success rate because he told me the same success rate for eset during the consultation as he did after the embryo went in. From my research I'm seeing that PGS tested single blastocyst transfers are more in the 50-60% range which is why I am so confused. This clinic has very high success rates but they definitely discouraging us from putting in just 1 even before seeing the embryos. Anyway, thank you for your response.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Let us all know how it works out.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California