Back to back mild ivf cycles

GoFollies
User

Back to back mild ivf cycles

Post by GoFollies »

Dear Dr Wisot

In your experience does doing back to back cycles with low stimulation (200FSH) with E2 reaching roughly about 2300, affect response or egg quality for the second cycle?

Thank you
go follies
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Back to back mild ivf cycles

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Usually not, but it depends on the individual's ovarian reserve. If the reserve is poor it would tend to have more of a negative effect.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
GoFollies
User

Post by GoFollies »

Dear Dr Wisot

Thank you for your reply.

I do have low AMH but I have found the lower stimulation is giving me better quality eggs, fertilisation rates and embryos.

On 200 FSH I got 4 mature eggs and E2 reached 2300. I am banking embryos for PGD reasons.

I am keen to get enough embryos in the batch as soon as possible, which is why I am looking at doing back to back, but don't want to do it if it will reduce the response or quality.

I wanted to ask in what way the back to back causes any detrimental effect? If my E2 reached 2300 does this make it ok or are there other factors as well?

Thank you
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You might get less of a response because the first cycle may have used up the antral follicles capable of being stimulated and there may not be enough time to create new ones. So you may get fewer.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California