More Testing

anahusted

More Testing

Post by anahusted »

I am a healthy 32 year old ( my husband is 35) and all my pre-IVF tests have shown me as a healthy female with normal levels of AMH, FSH, TSH and on and on. My IVF cycles produced 7 frozen blastocysts. I transferred one on my first frozen cycles and was pregnant until week 10 when I had a missed miscarriage and discovered that the heart had stopped at 9 weeks. I had a D&C and the karyotype test came back as a healthy female with no chromosomal issues.
I was totally expecting there to be issues as now I have no idea what went wrong. Do you suggest I go through further testing before a second FET? What could be a reason for a miscarriage if the fetus was healthy and I also have no issues?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: More Testing

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Bummer. :cry:

Since they have probably already tested you uterus for structural abnormalities and they were controlling your hormones and the chromosomes were normal the only thing they can look at is some rare blood clotting abnormality(hereditary thromobophilia) or immunological issue which are sometimes tested for in recurrent pregnancy loss.

Or there was no recurrent reason.

But it might be reassuring to you to get this tested before another transfer.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California