Failed IVF with PGD

Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Failed IVF with PGD

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Yes, counting the period two weeks following the retrieval. The timing at your age is really not all that critical.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
sanda
User

Post by sanda »

sanda wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply. My current RE clinic got PGS results on Day 6 post retrieval and was planning to do a fresh transfer of any were normal. I'm curious why your clinic has better success with frozen transfer of PGS tested embryos? Do the PGS results not come back in time for a fresh transfer?
Not sure if you saw my question above. I saw on sart.org, Reproductive Partners has a lower rate of success with frozen transfers then fresh. This seems to contradict what you said about preferring to do frozen transfer with all your PGS cycles. Can you clarify?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Those are not primary frozen transfers, that is not the first transfer from a cycle like we do now. Those are the second or third tier embryos from a fresh cycle.

You can see the latest success rates on our success rate page: http://www.reproductivepartners.com/ivf ... rates.html

We get better results with primary frozen transfers because the endometrium is not overstimulated as it is in the fresh cycle.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California