HGH Human Growth Hormone for better egg quality

whyb4how

HGH Human Growth Hormone for better egg quality

Post by whyb4how »

There is research (past and current trials) that suggest women who are prescribed HGH/Human Growth Hormone for six weeks prior to Follicle/Egg Retrieval (5.7 IU's per day) have better quality follicles/eggs with an increase in size.

My partner (42 years old) and I have attempted follicle/egg retrieval twice. Both times the eggs retrieved were less than 18 in diameter, with no subsequent successful fertilizations.

Would your office consider prescribing HGH to us to increase egg quality and to better increase the chances of successful IVF.

Thank you for your response.

Is
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: HGH Human Growth Hormone for better egg quality

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Despite studies showing a benefit from hGH in improving egg quality, this is an off-label use.

We do use it in selected cases but not for six weeks before the stimulation. We have found it can improve egg and embryo quality in carefully selected patients during the last few days of the stimulation.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
GoFollies
User

Post by GoFollies »

Dear Dr Wisot

We notice that in one of your responses about Growth Hormone you mention that your clinic use it during the last few days of stimulation. We are also aware that some clinics use it for the whole two weeks of stimulation and others even start a week or two before stimulation. We would like to know in your experience when is the best time to use Growth hormone to improve egg quality?

Also, we have a question in regards to its safety. If a women is known to have a MEN4 cancer predisposition gene but no symptoms are presented would it be safe for her to undergo Growth hormone treatment for ivf purposes?

Many thanks for your continued advice

Regards
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I cannot go into the specifics of prescribing here.

We have had mixed results; some have markedly improved egg and embryo quality and others have no effect.

I have not seen any evidence that our very short term use of hGH could predispose someone to an increased risk of cancer.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California