PGS questions

hbtwinmom

PGS questions

Post by hbtwinmom »

I really can't believe I am writing here again, but here I am. This past year has been so hard on us. We have twins from our very first IVF/rescue ICSI. WE only had two blasts and they made our twins, who are now four. Last year we went for IVF #2 to give them a sibling, and four transfers (2 miscarriages) later, no baby.

I have a lot of questions.

Our twins were conceived at RP and we tried again there this last time. After all these fails I went and saw another dr. What are the success rates at the Redondo Beach Lab for PGS embryos? Do the RE's transfer only one PGS embryo or do they transfer two?

I've been through so much! I've had two surgeries to remove a uterine septum, I have PCOS and MTHFR. The RE I had a consult with wants to test for other clotting factors, including Lupus, Thyroid, etc. as well as do an office hysteroscopy.

I'm disappointed that this was not done prior to starting my last IVF.

My dilemma... I have 27 frozen eggs in Redondo (I had 37, we only fertilized 7 and had 5 blasts). We are very concerned with having left over NORMAL embryos. We want one baby, but are will to put two in if we ended up with two normals. How many eggs should we ICSI?

I'm trying to decide what our next steps should be! Thanks!!!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: PGS questions

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I'm sorry to hear that your latest cycles did not work.

We are not allowed to quote success rates based on anything but the woman's ago group but PGS embryos do result in high success rates in every age category.

I cannot really evaluate your need to those additional blood tests and hysteroscopy since I do not have complete information on you. I suggest you meet with your RPMG RE and review those recommendations with him/her. We usually try to transfer one normal PGS embryo to make the pregnancy less complicated but we will generally do two at the patient's request.

You will get much more information from your doctor who knows you best.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California