Out of 8 embryos none made it to the 4th day

zoltantoth

Out of 8 embryos none made it to the 4th day

Post by zoltantoth »

Hi.

I have very low low low sperm count 0.1mill /ml. Volume also low under 0.5 milliter.We did try donated eggs due to wife's (38) early menopause but out of 8 embryos none survived more than 3 days and no transfer was possible. I did have some progressive motility issues but it is 20 % now (last time 3 weeks ago). instead of 0 % as it was before . I am 58 now and we would like to have a sibling for our 7 year old daughter. She was conceived by ICSI using our natural contribution in 2007 when I was 50. The sperm profile looked better then than now. Is it because of my aging or simply stress ?I am healthy otherwise but have 40 lbs. extra on me regardless of very regular weight lifting etc. Is it a good idea to try it again? My doctor could not use DNA fragmentation test because of the low volume.
Thanks.
Zoltan
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Out of 8 embryos none made it to the 4th day

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I assume that the donor was young and her age should not be an issue.

Does your weight-lifting come with steroids? If so that might somewhat explain your sperm issues. If not, have you seen a urologist who specializes in male fertility so see if there is a treatable cause for the sperm issues?

Since they cannot determine if there are DNA fragmentation issues, you could go on a regimen of vitamins and antioxidants for a few months to try to improve any possible fragmentation. You will fine our regimen on our Lifestyle & Fertility pages and link to lifechoices.com.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California