PGD statistics

mcpb
User

PGD statistics

Post by mcpb »

Hi Dr. Wisot, My husband and I are about to start an IVF cycle. This will be our first cycle using PGD. I went through IVF in 2012 and was able to conceive our daughter on the first try. However of the 5 blastocysts we were able to freeze, none of those resulted in a pregnancy beyond 10 weeks (1 miscarriage at 9.5 weeks, 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 failed transfers). I was 33 at the time of our first IVF with some male factor and an AMH of .8 but normal FSH, E2 and antral follicle count of 16. I am now 36 years old with an FSH of 7, antral follicle count of 14 and an AMH of .69. My question is, if only 1 of my 7 blastocysts were able to result in a healthy baby at 33, should I expect worse odds now that I am 3 years older? Is there an optimal number of blastocysts you hope to see in order to get any normal embryos? My Dr is using an estrogen priming protocol with testosterone gel and patch supplementation and Menopur, clomid and saizen during stims. Do I have hope for some normal embryos at my age with such a low AMH and not great success rates in the past? I've undergone hysteroscopy and have never had lining issues. What are the statistics regarding PGD for someone with my age and history? Thanks in advance.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: PGD statistics

Post by Dr. Wisot »

At age 38-40:

Number of blasts % normal embryos % patients with normal embryos
1-3 35% 57%
4-6 34% 82%
7-10 33% 89%

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California