FET and quality question

positively
User

FET and quality question

Post by positively »

Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to answer so many questions for people.. this is definitely a long and stressful process..
My story 31. unknown diagnosis. Healthy weight, good thyroid. AT AGE 29, FSH has been 10.1 and 9.7 my amh 3.97 and I have 25+ follicles on each baseline u/s.. had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) in 2013. Did IVF in 1/2014. retrieved 21 eggs, only 8 were mature??? ( not sure if that reflects bad quality) all 8 fertilized. Fresh cycle failed. had 7 frosties put 2 in Feb and started with a twin pregnancy. Lost one at 9 weeks but delivered my daughter healthy in Nov 14. we did a ESET yesterday. They thawed an 8 cell grade A. It lost a cell during thaw but was 9A the morning of and was compacting into what the embryologist said was a blastocyst? Not sure, I thought they went to morula first.
My questions are.1. is it an indication of bad quality if I only had 8 mature eggs? I used to be a smoker.
2. is it okay that my embryo lost a cell during thaw? Does that have any negative affects on my chances of conception? Also, is it beneficial that I have already conceived a child from this batch of embryos?
and is it okay to do light exercise during the wait?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: FET and quality question

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The proportion of mature eggs is usually not thought to be a function of one's basic egg quality, but more the synchronization of follicles based on one's response to a particular protocol.

Many embryologists think that the loss of one cell is not significant as theoretically all the cells at that stage are capable of each producing a complete embryo.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California