IVF w/PGD for DOR

eek99
User

IVF w/PGD for DOR

Post by eek99 »

Hi! I am 34 and have a low AMH (.6) and low AFC (usually between 4 and 8 at baseline). Have had failed IUIs with injectables but am hoping that IVF might work. At my age I would still like to try to have children with my own eggs. We have been trying for 2 years with no luck and no pregnancies ever in my lifetime.

If we do IVF I would like to explore doing PGD, since my numbers are so low for my age. I also don't want to risk transferring an abnormal embryo after all the time, money, and effort of IVF. Does this sound like a good plan for someone with my stats?

Also, with PGD, do you have to do a frozen transfer or can you do a fresh one same-cycle? If it's frozen only, would you recommend doing back to back IVF cycles if needed to get a good number of embryos for PGD?

Thank you.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: IVF w/PGD for DOR

Post by Dr. Wisot »

This sounds like a good plan.

With IVF and PGS for chromosomes you can bank chromosomally normal embryos to protect your future fertility as well as get pregnant now.

We do our PGS with freeze all cycles and do all of the transfers frozen. Most are seeing better success rates with freeze all cycle regardless of whether PGS is done to avoid the adverse effect of the stimulation on the endometrium.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California