Mini-IVF or Conventional IVF

shoegal95
User

Mini-IVF or Conventional IVF

Post by shoegal95 »

Hello doctors,

I am currently a patient at the RP, Beverly Hills clinic. I am a healthy and normal 42 years old, my husband is 39 low morphology and shape. I had 2 conventional IVF. In January 2016, IVF#1 8 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 blasts, PGS abnormal (1 complex, 1 partial mosaic). In April 2016, 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 blast, 5 day transfer, BPN. My question is I came across articles about women in 40+ have better chance at Mini_IVF than Conventional. Please share your thoughts, I am gonna start my 3rd IVF next month. Thank you for taking time reading my post.

Kathy
Dr. Amin
Site Admin

Re: Mini-IVF or Conventional IVF

Post by Dr. Amin »

Hi Kathy. Reproductive Partners offers both minimal stimulation IVF and conventional IVF. The decision of which type to use really depends on the patient. We make these decisions on a case by case basis. In general, however, minimal stimulation IVF is often recommended to patients with low egg reserve. I would recommend that you speak with your physician at the Beverly Hills office to see which option would be best for you. We are always available and want to make sure that you have all of your questions answered.

Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA
Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA