All pgs abnormal embryos

Ashleyf332
User

All pgs abnormal embryos

Post by Ashleyf332 »

Hello, I am 28 years old. My husband and I recently had an IVF round in which I had 22 eggs retrieved, 21 mature, 16 fertilized with ICSI, 9 made it to blast on day 5-6 for biopsy. We just found out all were pgs abnormal. I have two children from a previous marriage. All lab tests have been normal for both myself and husband. I had one spot of stage 1 endo on a lap in December. What would be your suggestion as to a next step? I am interested in any testing to ensure there are no genetic issues. What testing would you recommend? What would you advise I do as a next step. I have not found any information on someone of my age with normal fsh and ovarian reserve and have so many make it to blast but be abnormal. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Dr. Amin
Site Admin

Re: All pgs abnormal embryos

Post by Dr. Amin »

It is uncommon for a 28 year old with so many embryos to have them all be abnormal. In general, most women in their 20's will have 50-60% of their biopsied embryos be normal. In regards to what testing could be done, it's difficult to say without knowing exactly what genetic abnormalities were found in your embryos. For instance, was one chromosome consistently abnormal in all of the embryos or were they all different? I would recommend that you speak with your reproductive endocrinologist about these details as the next step and discuss how a future IVF cycle might be altered to improve the outcome. Best of luck!

Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA
Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA
Ashleyf332
User

Re: All pgs abnormal embryos

Post by Ashleyf332 »

Thank you for your reply. Almost all of the embryos were resulted as complex abnormal. I stimmed after about 3 weeks of birth control for 8 days. Through out the process my estrogen level was high. Could this have been a problem with the protocol or not likely? I am searching for any information as I am having a difficult time with the idea that at 28 and with 2 previous pregnancies conceived the first month trying that now I am unable to produce a normal embryo. Is this likely an egg problem or could it be an issue with sperm even though semen analysis are normal.

Thank you
Ashley