Follicle growth

qwert
User

Follicle growth

Post by qwert »

Hi, I have had 2 ivf cycles so far. Both times I started with high AFC count (above 20). However each time only 6-9 follicles seem to grow. In the second cycle the smaller follicles did start growing but only after day12 of stims. Please could you advise if there is anyway to get the rest of the follicles to grow or to get the smaller follicles to grow faster? I am 44 (amh 17.6 and fsh 9.1).
Many thanks!
Dr. Amin
Site Admin

Re: Follicle growth

Post by Dr. Amin »

It is difficult to answer your specific question without knowing more details about your previous IVF cycles (the protocols, medications used, etc.). In general, if a certain protocol isn't working, we may consider trying a different protocol. For instance, if you were on oral contraceptive pills prior to your IVF cycle and did not have good follicle synchronization, we may consider using a different medication, such as estrace, to try to synchronize the follicles. I would recommend that you speak with your reproductive endocrinologist to discuss what other options you may have.
Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA
qwert
User

Re: Follicle growth

Post by qwert »

Hi, thanks for your response. The first cycle I was on Merional and Fostimon which increased to 450iu. I was also on HGH Zomacton on alternate days and a Cetrotide protocol. I collected 9 eggs. The second time I was on Norithisterone 20 days prior to stimulations (due to a Cyst being found) and less eggs were collected but the smaller eggs did start to grow after day 12.
Would you be able to provide some thoughts on this? Many thanks!