RPL

LT
User

RPL

Post by LT »

Hello,

I am hoping you can provide some guidance as to what is happening. I am 33 years old going through IVF. Six (6) of our embryos made it to blastocytes. First we transferred one AA but never made it past the second beta, next we transferred two and had very low betas. As it turns out I have Phospholipid Antibodies so for FET #3 we transferred 2 embroys of good quality with Lovenox injections and had great betas. Unfortunately when it came time for the ultrasound it showed only one embryo but there wasn't a heartbeat. Is this most likely a chromosome issue or something to do with the APA? I also have MTHFR and Sjogrens Syndrome. At this point would it be useful to start looking at NK Cells, Intralipid infusion or prednisone?

Thank you!
Dr. Amin
Site Admin

Re: RPL

Post by Dr. Amin »

Hello. These are difficult questions to answer without knowing more about your specific situation and test results. It's hard to know if the reason for the losses are a chromosome issue with the embryos or if it is the antiphospholipid antibodies, or something to do with Sjogren's Syndrome. MTHFR is a very unlikely cause. One thing to potentially discuss with your reproductive endocrinologist is doing preimplantation genetic screening on the embryos.

The medical literature is very controversial in regards to testing for NK cells and treating with intralipid infusion. As far as I know, these things are not currently supported by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA