Testing of the uterine lining prior to IVF (for endo pat)

SCBeach

Testing of the uterine lining prior to IVF (for endo pat)

Post by SCBeach »

Hi Doctor,

Based on some of the research I've come across on Endo research shows that up to 1/3 of women with endometriosis (regardless of severity) have an immunologic barrier to implantation. That is, the body’s natural immune response rejects the embryo as a foreign body before it can implant in the uterus. This population of women is not generally able to conceive until the immunologic problem has been diagnosed and suppressed through selective immunotherapy.

Does your practice perform this test(s) prior to IVF? If not, please explain why not. I was recently diagnosed with moderate to severe endometriosis and as you can imagine this subject is very important to me and I am sure to a lot of women suffering from Endo. Thanks in advance for your kind reply.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Testing of the uterine lining prior to IVF (for endo pat

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

We do not believe that there is any scientific evidence that there is value in immunotherapy.

But we do have a very simple variation of our protocol which has been shown to restore endometriosis patients to the same success rate as their age-matched peers.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
SCBeach

Re: Testing of the uterine lining prior to IVF (for endo pat

Post by SCBeach »

Thank you Dr. Wisot.

Speaking of success rates, do you mind letting me know what is your success rate for a 39 (almost 40 years of age) woman diagnosed with Moderate to severe endometriosis. Below are the tests I've taken thus far:
Tests:
AMH (anti-mullerian hormone): 1.2 ng/ml

E2 (Estadiol): 43

FSH: 9 miU/mL

Thanks again for your time and response.

Regards.