breastfeeding & prolactin

mia

breastfeeding & prolactin

Post by mia »

Dear Dr.Wisot,

My son who is the result of IVF at RPMG is 17 month now. He is great. Healthy and Funny. He starts speaking both Japanese & English J

I like to have egg freezing because I’m 39 year 5month old and this is my last chance.
The problem is I’m still breastfeeding. I am already menstruating for a couple of month. I’m not breastfeeding intensively.
My son use breastfeed like pacifier and it is very difficult to wean. If he does not get breast at night, he cries to death…….

If I take medication to reduce prolactin level , does it work as same as weaning breastfeeding and am I able to have egg freezing?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: breastfeeding & prolactin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Glad to hear he is so smart. I wish we could take the credit for that.Cool

It would be best to consider this after you have completed breastfeeding. I don't know of any scientific evidence that taking medication to reduce prolactin will overcome the effects of breastfeeding. But you should come in and discuss this issue with your RPMG doctor.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
mia

Post by mia »

Thanks for responding. I'll make appointment.

BTW, my friend just told me that you display US magazine cover I made three years ago.
I'm happy to know that. Smile
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I do and I am so thankful to you for taking the time to do that. People are just floored when they first see it and most think it's real. You did a fabulous job.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California