PREPARATION FOR FROZEN EMBRYO TRANSFER

Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: PREPARATION FOR FROZEN EMBRYO TRANSFER

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

It's good to hear from you after all this time. It so happens that my cousin is a fellow in Reproductive endocrinology at the University of Iowa, Dr. Evan Rosenbluth.

To get started you would need a telephone consultation with our office to set everything up. We would go over the protocol which is fairly easy: trial transfer, sonohysterogram, which they could do in Iowa, baseline ultrasound, two weeks of estrogen patches, set the date of the transfer and start progesterone based on the age of the embryos (3 or 5 day). You would need to be here the day of the transfer, then two days of bed rest, then home. We could certainly work the U of I doctors if you can get them to cooperate.

The number to transfer is based on the stage and quality of the embryos. You would need to be on baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins.

So call us to get started.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: PREPARATION FOR FROZEN EMBRYO TRANSFER

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I have had no problems with U of I doctors. You could call Dr. Rosenbluth and see if he could follow you or suggest someone who could.

There is enough folic acid in the prenatal vitamins unless you have been told in the past that you need more.

All the other specific questions can be answred in the phone consult.

Drs. Yee and Cassidenti are still here.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California