gender and trait selection

eryckwu

gender and trait selection

Post by eryckwu »

can we select trait now??i read an article in wall street journal a year ago and it says you guys will help people select gender and trait..here's my situation, i'm a caucasian female and my husband is chinese. i would like my baby take most of my trait instead of my husband..for example: blue eye, blond hair etc..can we do that ???and if we could,what procedures would that be?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: gender and trait selection

Post by Dr. Wisot »

With PGS we can select gender. The rest of the trait selection you read about was a fraud and is not possible.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
eryckwu

Post by eryckwu »

how about IVF?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

PGS is done in an IVF cycle and is the part that evaluates the genetics so IVF cannnot tell you any more than the PGS itself.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
maureenl

Post by maureenl »

Hi,
I had IV 3 years ago and produced 9 embryos. The doctor implanted two and only one survived but we were blessed with a little girl. My husband and I are now ready to have another child and would love a little boy. Since the remaining 7 embryos have been frozen for 3 years is it still possible to determine their sex?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

If they are three day old embryos it is possible. If they are 5 day old embryos it is problematic. See the previous post for details.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
maureenl

Post by maureenl »

That answers my question, thank you very much.