When to Stop Baby Aspirin?

Bbelle1114
User

When to Stop Baby Aspirin?

Post by Bbelle1114 »

Hello -
I started taking baby aspirin (81mg/daily) to improve my uterine linings and help with implantation. I am now 4.5 weeks pregnant and would like to eliminate any medications that are not necessary. I do not have any blood clotting problems; however, I have previously had three chemical losses that we think may have been related to low linings (however, of course, we don't know for sure). I also have had a healthy baby in the past (without taking aspirin or any other meds).
My question is when should I stop taking the aspirin? Can I stop it all at once, or do I need to transition off of it (i.e., take it every other day, cut the pill in half, etc.)?

Thanks,
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: When to Stop Baby Aspirin?

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Your doctor should be the one telling you when to stop the baby aspirin since I do not know all the issues in your case.

In our protocol, in uncomplicated cases we usually stop at six weeks, once we have seen the heartbeat.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Bbelle1114
User

Post by Bbelle1114 »

Thank you for the reply to this question. I also asked you a question on a different thread last week about options as I miscarried at 8.5 weeks (appreciated your quick reply). I have another question that sort of ties these two threads together ....I ended up stopping the low dose aspirin around 6 weeks (we had gotten the heartbeat, and my RE thought it was fine to stop). My question is - do you think stopping the aspirin (low dose 81 mg/daily) at 6 weeks, had anything to do with the 8.5 week miscarriage? I do not have blood clotting issues (was previously tested for them and did not have them). I was only taking the aspirin to help thicken my lining.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I don't think so, especially if you are negative for blood clotting issues.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.