Luteal phase defect or menopausal??

Pinky1972
User

Luteal phase defect or menopausal??

Post by Pinky1972 »

Hello, I am 44 years old I do already have 5 children had no problems getting pregnant before (hope I don't come across as greedy), I did have 1 MC my very first pregnancy at around 7wks pregnant but went on to have 5 perfectly normal pregnancies after that my youngest is 10yrs old.
I have been TTC since October 2016 when I had my coil removed I had that in for about a year it was a plain copper coil no hormones, that was removed on Oct 14th my period then started on the 16th Oct 16(normal 5 day AF), I got a positive OPK around Cd16/17 near the end of Oct, my period then started on the 9th of November 5 days early (my cycles are usually 30 days) it was normal AF, I received another positive OPK around cd18 of that same month.
This led to me having a 46 day cycle it was pure stress during that as it was my first cycle ever to be so long, the day before AF started in Dec I did an OPK, strongest positive I ever received and AF arrived the next day on 25th Dec 2016 was again normal 5 day AF, this went on to having my shortest cycle length of just 17 days AF arriving on the 11th of Jan 2017, I started charting/temping from this cycle I had also used EPO this cycle 3000mg daily upto ovulation day I use fertility friend app to log my data.
I then ovulated on cd10 21st of Jan but no positive on OPK went with my chart and cm then on 9dpo I had strange bleed not normal for me at all was very very light only had to wear one pad for the two days it was dark red when I wiped but dark brown in my pad that began on the 30th of January 2017 finished on the 1st of February with a pinkish watery fluid that gushed out.
I then ovulated again around cd8-cd10 no positive OPK all been pure negatives since 19th of January 2017 , at 9dpo the strange spotting bleed started again which is today 17th of feb I am unsure what is changing in me I'm guessing menopause, is there anything I can do to help this?? Any advice at all would be greatly welcomed :)
Pinky1972
User

Re: Luteal phase defect or menopausal??

Post by Pinky1972 »

I meant is there any help that can lengthen my luteal phase?? Or has mother nature been to fast and dried me out??? :(
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Luteal phase defect or menopausal??

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The way to find out what is going on will require a doctor visit. When you do get a normal menstrual period they can do an FSH and E2 level to gauge your reproductive potential. Then they can follow your cycle with ultrasound to see if and when you are actually ovulating.

Doing this will likely give you an answer and help you come to closure with this one way or the other, Hopefully in a good way.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California