Post by Anamika »

Hi Doctor,

I recently got my test results back.

FSH - Normal
Estradiol -Normal
Prolactin - Normal
TSH - Normal
AMH - above 16

I am 27+. WE have not tried for baby yet bt now I am worried as my AMH is too high although my other test are normal like hemoglobin, Thyroid etc.

I have also done my Ovaries ultrasound from outside but it was also OK & doc said that there is no symptom of PCOS & PCOD.

But I have consult with another doctor she said that i have irregular period or as i amh is too high so may be i have pcos problem.

Please guide me & i am too anxious & tense. Now i want to have a baby.

Is there such thing as too high AMH? Too much of a "good" thing?

Thank you.
Anamika
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: HIGH AMH

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Generally a very high AMH is not considered a bad thing.

But the combination of what your ultrasound probably looks like and irregular cycles means you may be functioning like someone with PCOS. Is your LH much higher then the FSH although both are in the normal range might also be a clue?

In any case this can point the doctor in the right direction in helping you conceive.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
Anamika
User

Post by Anamika »

my haemoglobon is 10.8 gm %
blood glucose fasting 86.1 mg/100ml
tsh 1.76 uIU/ml
serum prolactin 18.38 ng/ml
fsh 8.44mIU/ml
amh 16.64 ng/mL
these are my actual report & my ultrasound is normal.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

These tests are not really helpful for this issue.

What is important is whether your periods are regular and if you have male-type (masculinizing) symptoms like inappropriate hair growth and if you are ovulating.

Tests that might give a clue to PCOS is the LH:FSH ratio and the glucose:insulin ratio.

I hope you are seeing a reproductive endocrinologist who can really help you with this issue.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Anamika
User

Post by Anamika »

I am really worried.

If I am suffering from PCOS as u said that I have symptoms of PCOS, then whether I could get conceive or not?

But I got irregular mensuration cycle from the time when It started. and the duration of my cycle is 6 Days. Sometimes is started after 30 days & sometimes 2 or 3 Months gap. But my weight is around 54-55 Kg and besides of irregular periods, I have no other symptoms.
Is it possible that I may not have PCOS even after high AMH or sure that its PCOS?
Pls advice me what should I do? and what types of complications I have to go through?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Please do not worry. The stress of worrying does not help.

Women with PCOS (and we do not know if you even have the condition) can get pregnant with fairly simple treatment most of the time. :)

But you really need to go to a doctor who understands how to treat the condition or help you get pregnant from whatever is preventing it from happening. That would usually be a reproductive endocrinologist and you can usually find one at an IVF center. Not that you need IVF, but we treat many other conditions and use many other treatments.

So instead of worrying, use your energy to find yourself the right doctor.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.